Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Guitar

My Guitar
Dulce Colon
My most important object in my life would be my gorgeous guitar.  The sounds that it makes will make you stop in your tracks to listen to the light weight strings make music.  For those who have never seen a guitar, it is a hollow instrument that has six strings, and has a tan body of wood while the back side is made from a darker part of wood.  It is like a medium sized violin that is played in front of you on your lap and not on your shoulder.  Each string plays a different note that consists of C, D, E, F, G, A and B.
            How does a guitar make such a glorious sound? It’s simple.  All the player has to do is stroke the strings with a delicate force while holding the strings in place along the neck of the guitar. To make such a glorious sound you also have to make sure the guitar is tuned to play the right note.
            There are different types of guitars such as acoustic and electric. The difference between these two is that an acoustic is mellower and gentler, where an electric guitar has a very winy note to it. But if you think about it, the electric guitar only sounds winy when it is plugged in, which is another difference between an electric and acoustic. Personally I prefer playing an acoustic guitar because it is more peaceful to learn how to play without getting a giant headache. I also prefer an acoustic because I don’t have to worry about annoying the neighbors or anyone else who is around me when I am practicing on my guitar. For anyone who needs an activity to calm their nerves I would suggest picking up an acoustic guitar and strum away on those strings.

No comments:

Post a Comment